Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ignorance, Apathy, or Indifference?

Universal health care. Excuse me, health care "reform". The dollar, which for those of you who don't know or care, is tanking. The United States military, left to fend for itself amidst a mess in Afghanistan. And a President who, instead of actually producing his real birth certificate, appears on 5 prime time comedy programs. Is this the twilight zone?

I'll never understand some people. It's just not going to happen. But what I do understand is that the average person is naive. "Oh, you're just blowing this way out of proportion." "They're not czars like, yunno, in Russia." OK. Unfortunately, until a dog has its bone taken away, leaving no other option but to raid the bathroom trash can out of sheer boredom, will some people realize what is really going on here, and what is actually at stake.

Let me pose a question. Answer honestly. If there is someone out there that can find another country - not a third world country, or a crime infested cess pool -I mean a major country, that has the kind of government involvement that we re heading towards, that WORKS, please, enlighten me. We live in a world where people who write tax code don't pay taxes. OK, nothing new there. How about a "health care reform" bill that exempts the authors, yet you are supposed to blindly accept it because it is an African American President who is pushing the agenda, and if you don't, you are a racist? OK, pushing it a little bit. How about the fact that we are so far in debt that it is virtually impossible to sustain the dollar as the world's leading currency? OK, now you have my attention. "Oh, well yunno, whatever, it's just not that important, there are other means to define currency besides the dollar." OK. Now you are pushing the boundaries of stupidity. When you realize, or rather, after I tell you that your children are now indebted to China as soon as they pop out of the womb, maybe that will wake some of you up.

Has anyone checked with Saudi Arabia lately on what their take is on all of this? Didn't think so. Because if you did, I don't think you'd like the answer. (ps- they would love to see the dollar fall, because that is the currency that oil is bought and sold on, and so they could give the U.S. an even bigger middle finger than they already do). Now, I am no genius. I teach little kids how to play band instruments. But what I am seeing is this coy, sly and ever so noticeable trend towards bringing the United States to its knees, at the feet of some of the most corrupt nations that exist.

Back to health care. It's not free, there, I said it. And people are going to suffer as a result. All of you bleeding hearts, listen, I'm all for helping people. But I am not for hurting people as collateral to my plan. Let me spell it out in crayon: INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY IS WHAT MAKES THIS COUNTRY GREAT.
Let's take all of the countries who have socialized medicine. Actually, no, let's take a well known government run operation. The DMV. Yes, the DMV. You know, that place where everyone loves going, because of its easy to understand forms, friendly and helpful staff, and prompt, accurate service, with no long lines. Now apply that when you need to visit a hospital. We've all been on line at a hospital, or sat in our physician's waiting room longer than we were supposed to. But let's get real, this is not about helping you, the poor, the uninsured, the blacks, the whites, the rich, the middle class. It is about control. Control of your life. I don't like it, I don't want it, and I reject it. When will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment